Classes For Young Public
The seven main reasons to learn a foreign language at an early age
- The positive effect on intellectual growth and the enhancement of mental development
- The development of flexible thinking, skillful listening and, sensibility
- Improving the understanding of the mother tongue
- Let the child communicate more easily with people not met under other circumstances
- Opening the mind to other cultures and helping to understand and appreciate people from other countries
- Providing a language of increased importance for future studies
- Broadening the range of career opportunities for which language skills are impor-tant, even essential
THE + of the Alliance française:
- Age-specific curriculum created by expert
- Programs constantly updated to incorporate the latest research in child development
- Regular assessments and communication with parents
- An official testing center
Children interact and learn through songs, rhymes, stories, art, crafts and, games in playgroups, using the method of immersion. Children are exposed to new sounds and rhythms, in a joyful atmosphere lead by a native French speaking educator.
For children between the ages of 7 to 9 years, the French language is introduced progressively : listening, speaking, writing, reading, singing and working on educational projects that contribute to the global developing the child. Each child will be prepared to the DELF Prim which is an official diploma that certifies the child’s level of proficiency in “French as a Foreign Language”.
Children are placed in a rich and stimulating linguistic and cultural environment where, right from the beginning of the program, French is the language of communication. The study program aims at developing the ability to orally interact in French, to develop the understanding of oral and written texts, and to write texts. Each child will be prepared to the DELF Prim which is an official diploma that certifies the child’s level of proficiency in “French as a Foreign Language”.
For English-speakers and bilingual children.
A true academic support with personalized assistance and individual solutions.
For more information, contact the coordinator of this program who will, during a conversation or a meeting, explain to you the program best suited based on your goals and the needs of your child.